It has finally happened. The moment you have been waiting for your whole life. The proposal on bended knee has arrived. Here are some great ways to share the exciting news, your wedding engagement, with the people who matter most in your life.
1. Party Time: What better way to spread the cheer than partying loud for all to hear? This is a great way to bring both families together to celebrate the love you have for your (now) fiancé. You can have a casual get together with close friends and family at a local grill or you can have a nice sit down dinner.
2. Playing the game of Telephone: Get your phone list ready because as soon as you say yes you need to call all of your favorite people. So this means your parents, soon-to-be parents, siblings, cousins, best friends, and maybe even some neighbors!
3. Tweet. Gram. Post. Oh my!: This seems to be the norm now-a-days. Snap a picture of you, your ring, your fiancé, and share! I have to say this is the most efficient way to spread the news. This is also a great way to capture the moment while you are still in the moment. It will be something you will remember forever.
4. Ambush: Imagine, no one knows you got engaged over the weekend. You walk into a family dinner, and BAM everyone notices your ring. They had no idea, they didn’t see it coming, and now you can celebrate with some of the family. This is a fun, and surprising way to announce the news.
5. Photo Opt: This is a traditional way to share your engagement. Have an engagement session with a photographer. You can use the photos to send out announcements to all the people you will be inviting to the wedding. You can also use another picture from this session for the save-the-dates once you start the planning process.
All Photos by Jessica Eileen Drogosz
How did you make your wedding engagement announcement?